Varsity Spirit created the first high level cheerleading competition in 1980, the National High School Cheerleading Championship (NHSCC), to reward cheerleaders for their work on the sidelines and to create a venue to showcase their incredible talents and athletic abilities.
Since then, Varsity Spirit has produced thousands of competitive events for cheerleaders and dancers. Varsity Spirit competitions, whether at the state, regional, or national level, are held to the highest standards of safety and performance.
- 20 Premier Championship events for Collegiate, High School and All Star cheerleaders and dancers
- 250 Regionals, competitions and invitationals
- 475,000 participants with over 750,000 spectators
- 7 Nationally televised events
- ESPN & ESPN2— 100 million homes CBS Sports Network — 50 million subscriber homes 28 hours combined total airtime
“The CLEAN & CLEAR® brand understands it takes courage for a girl to stand up and be judged, both on and off the mat. We are inspired by cheerleaders and dancers who train and compete in Varsity camps and competitions around the
country and are proud to partner with Varsity to recognize and celebrate their accomplishments.”
Kacey Dreby, Group Brand Director,
CLEAN & CLEAR®, ROC®, & LUBRIDERM®